Golf Courses - Glenelg area
The Glenelg area is rich with an abundance of golf courses, all within an easy drive of the Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites.
- Glenelg Golf Club is one of Australia's leading private golf clubs ranked inside Australia's top 25 golf courses. The Glenelg Golf Club offers outstanding membership privileges and opportunities, including a world class golf coyurse, modern clubhouse with extensive bar and bistro facilities, and a challenging golf program for players of all levels.
- The Westward Ho Golf Club is home to the Patawalonga Course, now flourishing with beauty after a major face-lift. It was voted one of the best public courses in South Australia because of its championship style layout. The mature trees and many water hazards present a real challenge to even the most competent golfers.
- Executive 50 Course - also located at The Westward Ho Golf Club - it is suited to beginners and those looking for an enjoyable golfing day out. The par 50 course features five par 4's and ten par 3's all winding their way around the links style fairways. Even for the most experienced golfers, your iron play will be tested and when the afternoon sea breeze picks up you will be truly mazed at the difficulty of this little course.
- Adelaide Shores Golf Park is home to Drummond Driving Range and Practice Facilities. Adelaide Shores Golf Park offers a range of options for honing your golf skills. At the Adelaide Shores Golf Academy you can make the most of 16 bay practice range with automatic ball tee-up, a 1250m2 practice putting green and practice chipping and bunker area. These facilities are located off Military Road, by the Pro Shop. Phone 08 8356 4811 for more information. The Drummond Golf Driviung Range has 60 tee-up positions, including 34 automatic tee-ups. A chipping area with sand bunkers is also available.
- The Marion Golf Park is located 7kms south of Glenelg at 1 Clubhouse Road, Seacliff Park. Enquiries: Phone - 08 8298 7454 The course is challenging and hilly
- The Blackwood Golf Club is widely acknowledged as the best course in the Adelaide Hills, they're located in Cherry Gardens – 8 minutes from the Blackwood roundabout and 30 minutes from Glenelg. Escape from the business of everyday life and enjoy the 18 hole, par 72 course in a beautiful bushland setting – majestic gums, towering pines, koalas, bird life and a kangaroo or two. Enjoy the immaculate fairways, fast greens and enough bunkers to make it interesting but not too daunting! They welcome visitors (7 days a week) and have a range of membership options (no joining fee)..